Welcome to the developing world. Tropical sun and sand, rain forest and a side of danger make Central America a growing vacation distention.
Fly into Cancun you can take the ADO bus overnight to Belize City and from there into Guatamala and on to El Salvador. There is not a lot of land there so cities are closer then you think but transportation is only by bus (read old american school bus) and can make for a long-short-trip. or fly direct into your disired contry distination.
- Belize – former British colony independent in 1981 developing strong tourist industry
- Costa Rica – Expensive and tourist traveled probably the easiest country to get to and get around
- Panama – Area economic hub and growing developing country Panama City is a modern high-rise city.
- Nicaragua – cheaper than Costa Rica and Panama and only recently considered a safe tourist destination. Get ready for rickity bus rides to remote village paradise.
- Parts of Mexico
Not so safe
- Guatamala – There is still jungle warfare and issues on the boarder of Meixco and Belize, We traveled to Tikal Ruins with a guide but you could see a large military presence and there were checkpoint in several locations.
- El Salvador
- Other parts of Mexico