Itinerary from family trip in August 2010
On this trip I traveled with my mom and dad and younger brother, it was a memorable adult family vacation. I drove and my brother navigated with a Scottish accent, it is much easier to be told what to do in a silly voice. We rented a Ford Mondeo and played ‘car boot Tetris’ every morning but managed to fit 4 adults and 4 large suitcases.
- Day 1 – arrive in Edinburgh
- Day 2 – Edinburgh
- Day 3 – Edinburgh
- day 4 – Edinburgh to Stonehaven up the west coast with a lunch stop in St. Andrews.
- Day 5 – Stonehaven drive inland to Elgin, Visit distilleries and castles
- Day 6 – Elgin – Aberlour to Glencoe, more distilleries and castles
- Day 7 – Glencoe to Oban to Edinburgh – long day of driving
- Day 8 – fly home